- FreedomCare Notifications are to provide notices informing you when your visits are and to ensure that you are clocking in and out for each of your visits. Also, the notifications are to inform you of upcoming seminars, document requirements and other notifications.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first-time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at [email protected].
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. The message frequency may vary. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
FreedomCare Notice of Privacy Practices
I. Uses & Disclosures
We may use and/or disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Treatment: We may use your information to provide you patient care and/or other health- related services.
For example, we automatically enroll you with our telemedicine provider partners, and we share the information that you provide (either directly or through your caregiver) to us with the telemedicine provider so that they may provide this service.
- Operations: We may use your information to run our practice, improve your care, and/or contact you, when necessary.
For example, we use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
- Payment: We use your information to bill and receive payment from health plans and other entities.
For example, we use information about you to bill your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services providers to help us improve the Application and our service. Our service providers work on our behalf, do not have independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to comply with this privacy statement.
We are allowed and, in some instances, required by law to share your information for public health and safety issues. However, certain legal requirements must be met including our good faith belief that the law requires the disclosure prior to disclosing your information for these purposes. This may include instances where we are required to respond to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. For additional information, please see: www.hhs.gov. These situations include:
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence;
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety;
- Conducting research;
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations;
- Addressing workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests; and/or
- Responding to lawsuits and legal actions.
We may also use the information that we receive to:
- Contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices, and/or marketing promotions;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Enhance your user experience, for example saving information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Application;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Application, including developing and testing new products and features;
- Monitor metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems; and/or
Regarding Biometric Information: We use this information to identify caregivers and patients and verify your time entries when using the Application. We do not disclose this information unless you consent to such disclosure; the disclosure completes a financial transaction requested or authorized by you or your legally authorized representative; the disclosure is required by State or federal law or municipal ordinance; or the disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- We only retain this information for a period of up to 10 years. After this time, FreedomCare will permanently destroy such data.
- FreedomCare will store, transmit, and protect biometric data using a reasonable standard of care. Such storage, transmission, and protection from disclosure will be performed in a manner that is the same as or more protective than the manner in which FreedomCare stores, transmits, and protects from disclosure other confidential and sensitive information of FreedomCare.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.