Introduction: Attention Legally Responsible Individuals (LRIs) and their loved ones in Indiana! With the Medicaid waiver transition, understanding your role and options is crucial. LRIs, including spouses, parents of a minor child, or legal guardians of adults, play a pivotal role in the lives of waiver recipients. FreedomCare Indiana is here to help navigate these changes smoothly.
Understanding the Changes and Your Role: The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) is transitioning from LRI-provided attendant care to structured family caregiving by July 1, 2024. If you’re an LRI – a spouse, parent of a minor child, or a legal guardian – these changes directly impact you and your loved ones receiving waiver benefits.
How FreedomCare Indiana Supports You:
- Tailored Assistance for LRIs: We understand the unique challenges faced by spouses, parents, and guardians in caregiving. FreedomCare Indiana specializes in offering support tailored to your specific situation.
- Expertise in Structured Family Caregiving: As a provider of Structured Family Caregiving, we’re well-equipped to guide you through this transition, ensuring continuity in care and reimbursement.
- Seamless Transition Process: We’re dedicated to making this transition as seamless as possible for you and your loved ones, helping you adapt to the new caregiving model with ease.
- Personalized Care and Support: Our services are designed to address the individual needs of each family, providing personalized care plans and support systems.
- Advocacy and Information: Stay informed and empowered with our comprehensive resources, advocacy, and guidance through every step of this transition.
Conclusion: As an LRI, your role is invaluable in providing care to your family members. FreedomCare Indiana is committed to supporting you through the Medicaid waiver transition. Together, we’ll ensure that your caregiving journey continues to be rewarding and sustainable.